Whether you are shopping for a second home in Stowe, a historic Victorian in downtown Burlington, or an investment property in Brattleboro, you can use the mortgage rate tables to compare pricing from some of Vermont’s leading mortgage lenders, brokers, and banks.
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the Product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property. Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Other Places to Find Informationon VT Mortgage Mortgage Companies & Home Buyer Assistance Programs
Vermont Mortgage Bankers Association – Website PH: 866-680-8622
Association of Vermont Credit Unions – Website
1000 Shelburne Road South Burlington, VT 05403 802-863-7848
Vermont Housing Finance Agency – Website
164 Saint Paul Street, Burlington, VT 05402 PH: 802-664-8081
Vermont Department of Financial Regulation – Website
89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05620 PH: 80-828-3301
More Information on Home Loans Offered Companies in the Rate Tables
- Fixed Rate Home Loans – Rates stay fixed for the lives of the loans. Most popular options are 30 and 15 year home loans but are also available in 20 and 10 year terms.
- Adjustable Rate Loans – These loans often have low introductory rates which remain in place for a set number of years. Most lenders offer adjustable rate mortgages with 3, 5, 7, and 10 year introductory rate periods. After the introductory rate periods end, rates then adjustable up or down based upon the loans’ margins, caps, and the indexes which the loans are tied to.
- Jumbo Mortgages – You can find jumbo mortgage pricing in the rate tables by typing in a corresponding loan amounts. Jumbo loans are used to finance loan amounts which exceed areas’ conforming loan limits. Many lenders offer jumbo loans in 30 and 15 year fixed rate terms as well as several adjustable rate options.
- FHA Mortgages – FHA mortgages are low down payment home loans which are available through lenders approved by the Federal Housing Administration. FHA pricing may not be on display in the tables at this time. You may need to contact the various mortgage companies directly to see if they’re offering FHA financing.