Whether you are looking to refinance in Portland, purchase a new home in Eugene, or get a home equity line of credit in Gresham – you can research rate and home loan product information at ForTheBestRate.com.
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the Product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property. Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Information on Mortgage Association and Home Buyer Assistance Programs in Oregon
Oregon Mortgage Lenders Association – website
7327 SW Barnes Rd., #500 Portland, Oregon 97225 PH: 503-223-6622
Oregon Association of Mortgage Professionals – website
16055 SW Walker Road Suite 224 Beaverton, OR 97006 PH: 503-670-8586
Northwest Credit Union Association – website
8205 SW Creekside Place, Suite 220 Beaverton, Oregon 97008 PH: 800-995-9064
Oregon Housing and Community Services – website
725 Summer Street NE, Suite B Salem OR 97301 PH: 503-986-2000
Oregon Division of Finance and Corporate Securities – website
350 Winter St NE, Room 410 Salem, OR 97301-3881 PH: 503-378-4140
Types of Transactions Available Through the Various Mortgage Companies in the Tables
- Home Purchase Financing – All of the lenders offer financing assistance for buying most types of residential real estate (some exclusions may apply – i.e. manufactured homes, condotels, etc). Some of the brokers, lenders, and banks have low money down programs such as USDA rural housing loans, FHA mortgages, and VA loans which can be great fits for first time home buyers. Unfortunately, the company that supplies the data for the rate tables on ForTheBestRate.com does not collect pricing for these lower down payment products due to the number of pricing adjustments they have.
- Mortgage Refinance Programs – You can see refi pricing by selecting “Refinance” from the drop down tool in the survey. The posted rates are for Rate and Term refinance; not cash-out refinances. Cash out refinances typically have pricing adjustments which will lead to slightly higher note rates and APRs.