With just over six hundred thousand residents, North Dakota remains one the Country’s unspoiled states. Made up of the Great Plains in the west, the Badlands in the north and rolling hills in the central lying areas, North Dakota’s beauty is one of a kind. If you enjoy riding horseback through the hilly plains, hiking through rugged terrain, or trout fishing in pristine rivers, then North Dakota might be the perfect place to call home. And when you are ready to purchase or refinance a piece of residential real estate in North Dakota, be sure to spend some of researching mortgage rates from some of the State’s leading mortgage lenders and brokers using the rate tables on this site.
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the Product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property. Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Additional outlets for researching North Dakota mortgage providers and home buyer assistance programs:
North Dakota Bankers Association – http://www.ndba.com/
PO Box 1438 Bismarck ND 58502 PH: 701-223-5303
Credit Union Association of the Dakotas – http://www.cuad.coop/
2005 North Kavaney Drive Bismarck, ND 585 PH: 800-279-6328
North Dakota Department of Financial Institutions – http://www.nd.gov/dfi/
2000 Schafer Street Suite G Bismarck, ND 58501 PH: (701) 328-9933
North Dakota Housing Finance Agency – website
2624 Vermont Avenue, PO Box 1535, Bismarck, ND 58502-153 PH: (701) 328-8080
Put on Your Learning Cap
- What is the difference between a lender and a broker? – Explore some of the pros and cons of working with each type of entity.
- Looking to finance a lot or a piece of land? – Most of the mortgage companies in the rate table do not finance lots and raw land. You can find information on lenders who are interested in this business here.
- What types of closing costs are associated with a mortgage? – After speaking with some of the mortgage companies in the rate table, you’ll likely start receiving Good Faith Estimates which breakdown various fees and costs associated with the home loan process. This post dives into what to expect.