If you are looking for information on low Nebraska mortgage rates and home loan programs to finance a piece of Nebraska real estate, you have come to the right place. Nebraska, once considered part of the Great American Desert, is a land of surprising beauty. Made up of several regions with varying landscapes such as the Prairie Lakes, the Panhandle, and the Sandhills regions, Nebraska contains everything from lakes and reservoirs to towering buttes and fertile farmlands of rolling hills and snaking rivers. It’s no surprise residents love calling Nebraska home.
The search for Nebraska home loans and low Nebraska mortgage rates does not have to be a daunting task. From a 15 year fixed rate mortgage for a home in Lincoln to an investment property loan for your rental in Omaha, find information on it all at ForTheBestRate.com.
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the Product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property. Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Find additional information on Nebraska mortgage lenders and brokers and home buyer assistance programs
Nebraska Mortgage Association – website
PO Box 6141 Lincoln, NE 68506 PH: 402-434-7683
Nebraska Association of Mortgage Brokers – website
State of Nebraska Department of Banking and Finance – website
Commerce Court Suite 400 1230 ‘O’ Street Lincoln, NE 68508-1402 PH: 877-471-3445
Nebraska Credit Union League – website
4885 S. 118th Street Suite 150 Omaha, NE 68137 PH: 800-950-4455
Great Plains Paralyzed Veterans of American – Counseling for Veterans – website
7612 Maple Street Omaha, NE 86134 PH: 402-398-1422
Community Action of Nebraska – website
1120 K Street Suite 100 Lincoln, NE 68508 PH: 402-471-3714
Family Housing Advisory Services – website
2401 Lake Street Omaha, NE PH: 402-934-7921
Types of Transactions Available Through the Various Mortgage Companies in the Tables
- Home Purchase Financing – All of the lenders offer financing assistance for buying most types of residential real estate (some exclusions may apply – i.e. manufactured homes, condotels, etc). Some of the brokers, lenders, and banks have low money down programs such as USDA rural housing loans, FHA mortgages, and VA loans which can be great fits for first time home buyers. Unfortunately, the company that supplies the data for the rate tables on ForTheBestRate.com does not collect pricing for these lower down payment products due to the number of pricing adjustments they have.
- Mortgage Refinance Programs – You can see refi pricing by selecting “Refinance” from the drop down tool in the survey. The posted rates are for Rate and Term refinance; not cash-out refinances. Cash out refinances typically have pricing adjustments which will lead to slightly higher note rates and APRs.