ForTheBestRate.com understands that your Georgia property is likely your most valuable investment. There is a wide variety of mortgage programs offered by mortgage lenders, brokers, and banks, meaning you can finance almost any type of residential property. Whether you are looking to refinance a beach house on Jekyll Island, purchase a condo in downtown Atlanta or a house in the golf paradise of Augusta, or are seeking rental property financing for an investment property in vibrant Athens or historic Savannah, find your Georgia mortgage solution with the companies listed on ForTheBestRate.com.
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the Product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property. Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Looking for additional information? Below you’ll find outlets for researching Georgia mortgage companies as well as home buyer assistance programs
Georgia Department of Banking and Finance
2990 Brandywine Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-5565
Mortgage Bankers Association of Georgia
P.O. Box 801
Macon, GA 31202-0801
Georgia Association of Mortgage Professionals
5784 Lake Forest Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30328
Georgia Dream Homeownership Program through the Georgia Department of Community Affairs
60 Executive Park South NE #2
Atlanta, GA 30329
Some Other Popular Mortgage Programs You’ll Not Find in the Rate Tables
- USDA rural housing loans – USDA mortgages are no money down home financing solutions for lower income home buyers interested in buying property in designated rural areas. You might be surprised just how many areas qualify.
- FHA loans – FHA mortgages typically require some money out of pocket but the down payment may be lower than most conventional financing options. FHA loans are also popular with homeowners who are looking to maximize the amount of equity they can tap into with through cash-out refinancing. Credit restrictions can also be lower than other mortgage programs.
- Lot and Land Loans – Not many of the mortgage companies featured on this site offer lot loans or financing for raw land. You can click the link to find out about some mortgage companies who do handle these types of loans.
- Home improvement loans – The rate table does not featured Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC) pricing, fixed rate mortgages, 203K FHA loan rates or any other types of home loans typically used to finance home improvements. This does not mean that the various mortgage companies do not have access to some of these products. You’ll just need to contact the various lenders and brokers directly to see what types of financing they offer outside of the more traditional mortgages posted.
- VA mortgages – VA mortgages are available to eligible military veterans, active duty servicemen and women, and some surviving spouses. VA loans provide a no money down mortgage solution with more relaxed underwriting criteria than some other conventional home loan options.
- No money down mortgages – The only two zero money down financing programs that we’re aware of, beyond certain state and municipality home buyer assistance programs, are VA loans and USDA mortgages (see above).
- Investment Property Loans – The company that collects the rate data plans to soon offer pricing for rental properties through the rate tables. At this time, shoppers should note that rates for investment properties are typically higher than what you’ll see posted (the same goes for second home financing).