Find a Connecticut home loan with low rates and closing costs for your home in Hartford, Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, and everywhere in between! ForTheBestRate.com provides you with a platform to research current mortgage rates advertised by companies offering home loans in the State of Connecticut. Whether your property is your primary residence, second home, or investment property the lenders and brokers on the site can likely help you locate the home financing you’re searching for. When you contact the mortgage companies, be sure to discuss the particulars of your home and what you hope to gain from your financing solution. Your home is your most valuable asset – make it work for you!
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the Product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property. Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Where else can you go to find information on Connecticut mortgage companies and downpayment assistance programs?
Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
999 West Street Rocky Hill, CT
Connecticut Housing Investment Fund
121 Tremont Street Hartford, CT 06105
Connecticut Association of Mortgage Brokers
PH: (888) 662-8262
CT Mortgage Bankers Association
Phone: (860) 348-1238
185 Main Street, Suite 404
New Britain, CT 06050
State of Connecticut Department of Banking
260 Constitution Plaza
Hartford, CT 06103-1800
PH: (860) 240-8299
Credit Union League of Connecticut
1064 East Main Street, Suite 201
Meriden, CT 06450-4898
Types of Transactions Available Through the Various Mortgage Companies in the Tables
- Home Purchase Financing – All of the lenders offer financing assistance for buying most types of residential real estate (some exclusions may apply – i.e. manufactured homes, condotels, etc). Some of the brokers, lenders, and banks have low money down programs such as USDA rural housing loans, FHA mortgages, and VA loans which can be great fits for first time home buyers. Unfortunately, the company that supplies the data for the rate tables on ForTheBestRate.com does not collect pricing for these lower down payment products due to the number of pricing adjustments they have.
- Mortgage Refinance Programs – You can see refi pricing by selecting “Refinance” from the drop down tool in the survey. The posted rates are for Rate and Term refinance; not cash-out refinances. Cash out refinances typically have pricing adjustments which will lead to slightly higher note rates and APRs.