Wondering how to get the best interest rate for your California home loan? Shop around and check the pricing from different mortgage companies offering purchase financing and refinancing assistance in the Golden State. The rate table on this page allows you to quickly compare advertised interest rates from a number of banks, lenders, brokers, and credit unions. Terms and conditions may apply. Reach out to the various companies directly for more information on their rates, products, and services.
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property). Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Where Else to Turn for Home Financing and Home Buyer Assistance Information in the State of California
- California USDA Rural Housing Loans – You can find out whether properties are in USDA eligible areas on USDA’s website. USDA rural housing loans are popular fixed rate, no money down mortgages available to low and middle income borrowers in rural areas of the State. – Website
- FHA Loans & HUD – FHA loans are low money down financing solutions available through lenders approved by the Federal Housing Administration. There are many types of FHA loans available including 30 and 15 year fixed rate fha loans, 203K loans for renovating properties, reverse mortgages for seniors, and manufactured home loan solutions. Website
- Home Buyer Assistance Programs in California – There is a list of HUD home buyer assistance programs on the agency’s website which is broken down by city and county.
Other options for finding California Lenders, Brokers, Banks and Credit Unions to Assist With Your Home Loan
- California Mortgage Bankers Association (based in Sacramento) – 916-446-7100 – http://www.cmba.com/
- California Association of Mortgage Brokers – East Bay Chapter and North LA Chapter
- California Association of Mortgage Professionals – http://www.ca-amp.org/
- California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues (based in Ontario, CA) – 909-212-6000 – http://www.ccul.org/
ForTheBestRate.com for real estate and mortgage news in California
At ForTheBestRate.com, we always looking for ways to keep our users up-to-date on the latest news in the real estate and mortgage markets. Please bookmark our site and come back frequently for information on the state of the market in California. You can read specific post by using the search functionality on the website or by checking any posts tagged with California (or specific cities).