No matter how many specialty financing products hit the market, no program is as popular as traditional, fully amortizing, 30 year fixed rate mortgage products. You get to enjoy the low payments that come with a long term fixed rate mortgage plus the peace of mind in knowing exactly what your monthly payment will be over the duration of the loan.
Benefits of 30 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages:
- Protects borrower against fluctuations in rate due to market conditions.
- Ability to gain home equity through increasing monthly principal payments.
- Simplifies budgeting process.
- Payments will typically be lower than other shorter term fixed rate products due to the duration of the loan.
Request Current 30 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates on ForTheBestRate.com
You can use the rate tables on this site to compare mortgage rates, APR information, and closing costs from some of the leading mortgage lenders, brokers, banks, and credit unions in the United States. Simply navigate through the survey and contact the various companies directly for more information on their products and pricing.
Popular Residential Mortgage Programs Offering 30 Year Home Loans:
- Conforming 30 Year Home Loans – These are the “vanilla” home mortgage programs that the majority of the homeowners and home buyers in the United States have. Most lenders require at least 5% down in order to qualify.
- 30 Year FHA Fixed Rate Financing – Low money down home loan solutions (3.5% down) which are popular with first time home buyers and homeowners who are interested in maximizing their cash-out potential through refinancing.
- 30 Year VA Loans – No money down fixed rate mortgage program for veterans, active duty servicemen and women and eligible surviving spouses.
- 30 Year Jumbo Loans – Used for financing loan amounts which exceed areas’ conforming loan limits. Rates are typically higher than that of conforming fixed rate 30 year mortgages.
- 30 Year USDA Rural Housing Loans – Low and no money down home financing solutions for home buyers looking to purchase properties in eligible rural communities.
Note that rates will vary for the various 30 year mortgage programs listed above. The rate table on ForTheBestRate.com shows pricing to conventional, conforming mortgages and certain jumbo loans as well. Underwriting criteria and credit guidelines will also vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit profile, the type of property being financed, loan-to-value ratios, and other variables.
Types of Properties That Can Be Financed Through 30 Year Mortgages
It will depend upon the program but most will allow for financing single family homes, 2-4 unit multiple family properties, condominiums and townhouses. Certain program will also allow for financing manufactured (mobile) homes. Conventional, conforming 30 year fixed rate mortgages can be used to refinance or purchase primary residences, second homes, and investment properties. Other, government backed solutions, may only permit financing on primary residences. ForTheBestRate.com offers a platform where you can research a wide variety of 30 year programs including traditional Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac products as well as FHA mortgages and VA loans. A mortgage professional can help you determine which 30 year fixed rate mortgage program best suits your situation. Call the companies listed on this site today for a comprehensive rate quote and home loan consultation.
Other popular fixed rate products: