If you are looking to find some of the most competitive mortgage rates in New Jersey, begin your search at ForTheBestRate.com. Although New Jersey property values can be some of the highest in the Northeast, your mortgage rate doesn’t have to be.
Whether you are looking to purchase a contemporary home in one of New Jersey’s largest cities such as Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, or Edison, or refinance your serene getaway property along the Jersey Shore in Long Beach Island or Ocean City, find some of the most competitive New Jersey mortgage rates in the rate comparison shopping platform displayed below.
Types of products advertised in the rate tables
You can find interest rate, closing cost, and APR information on many of the most popular types of home loan programs available in today’s marketplace using the rate tables of ForTheBestRate.com. Rates are supplied by a third party provider and are submitted daily by the various mortgage companies. You can use the Product selection dropdown tool the survey to review pricing for the various programs including:
- Fixed rate mortgages – 30,20, 15, and 10 year mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) – 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 ARMs
- Interest only loans (IO) – 3/1, 5/1 and 30 Year IO
- Jumbo loans – Note that you have to adjust the loan amount to non-conforming levels in order to get jumbo mortgage rates.
Please note that rates may vary for multiple reasons including a borrower’s credit score, the type of property being financed (i.e. single family vs multiple family home, condo vs stand alone property, primary residence vs. second home vs. investment property. Please contact the various mortgage companies directly for the most accurate quotes for your specific scenario.
Find additional information on New Jersey mortgage companies and home buyer assistance programs
Mortgage Bankers Association of New Jersey – website
1460 Ruote 9N Suite 301 Woodbridge, NJ 07095 PH: 732-596-1619
New Jersey Association of Mortgage Brokers – website
385 Morris Avenue Springfield, NJ 07081 PH: 973-379-7447
New Jersey Credit Union League – website
299 Ward Street Highstown, NJ 08520 PH: 800-792-8861
NJ Home Buyer Assistance Programs on HUD’s site – visit
The Road Home New Jersey Programs from the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency – website
637 South Clinton Avenue Trenton, NJ 08650
Camden First Time Home Buyers Program – website – PH: 856-757-7284
East Orange Purchase Program – pdf overview of program – PH: 973-266-5416
Types of Transactions Available Through the Various Mortgage Companies in the Tables
- Home Purchase Financing – All of the lenders offer financing assistance for buying most types of residential real estate (some exclusions may apply – i.e. manufactured homes, condotels, etc). Some of the brokers, lenders, and banks have low money down programs such as USDA rural housing loans, FHA mortgages, and VA loans which can be great fits for first time home buyers. Unfortunately, the company that supplies the data for the rate tables on ForTheBestRate.com does not collect pricing for these lower down payment products due to the number of pricing adjustments they have.
- Mortgage Refinance Programs – You can see refi pricing by selecting “Refinance” from the drop down tool in the survey. The posted rates are for Rate and Term refinance; not cash-out refinances. Cash out refinances typically have pricing adjustments which will lead to slightly higher note rates and APRs.